About Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The mission of the EEE Department is to provide education for those students who are able to compete internationally, able to produce creative solutions to the society's needs, conscious to the universal moral values, adherent to the professional ethical code; to instill in students the attitudes, values, vision, and training that will prepare them for lifetime of continuing learning and leadership in order to improve the ability and passion to work wisely, creatively, and effectively for the benefit of society; and to generate and disseminate knowledge and technologies essential to the local and global needs in the field of electrical and electronics engineering.
The vision of the EEE Department is to become a nationally and internationally leading institution of higher learning, building upon the culture and the values of universal science and contemporary education, and a center of research and education generating the knowledge and the technologies which lay the groundwork in shaping the future in the fields of electronics and telecommunications engineering.
The educational objectives of the Programs of the EEE Department are to graduate individuals:
- having strong background in basic science and basic mathematics and able to use these tools in their own engineering field,
- able to pinpoint and define engineering problems in the fields of electrical and electronics engineering,
- able to employ necessary techniques, hardware, and telecommunications tools for modern engineering applications,
- able to solve problems through analytical thinking in their own or related fields,
- able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment,
- able to follow and contribute to the developments in their own field recognizing the significance of lifelong learning,
- able to communicate effectively,
- having strong ethical and professional responsibility and adhering to quality,
- able to take individual responsibility and to work as a part of a team.
NEWS |ALL NEWS
Tuna Dabak, graduate of Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Izmir University of Economics (IUE), combined his academic success with his talent
Self-routing autonomous robots by IUE engineers
An autonomous robot that can re-route using artificial intelligence, when it encounters an obstacle, has been developed with the project carried out