FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
About Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The mission of the EEE Department is to provide education for those students who are able to compete internationally, able to produce creative solutions to the society's needs, conscious to the universal moral values, adherent to the professional ethical code; to instill in students the attitudes, values, vision, and training that will prepare them for lifetime of continuing learning and leadership in order to improve the ability and passion to work wisely, creatively, and effectively for the benefit of society; and to generate and disseminate knowledge and technologies essential to the local and global needs in the field of electrical and electronics engineering.
The vision of the EEE Department is to become a nationally and internationally leading institution of higher learning, building upon the culture and the values of universal science and contemporary education, and a center of research and education generating the knowledge and the technologies which lay the groundwork in shaping the future in the fields of electronics and telecommunications engineering.
The educational objectives of the Programs of the EEE Department are to graduate individuals:
- having strong background in basic science and basic mathematics and able to use these tools in their own engineering field,
- able to pinpoint and define engineering problems in the fields of electrical and electronics engineering,
- able to employ necessary techniques, hardware, and telecommunications tools for modern engineering applications,
- able to solve problems through analytical thinking in their own or related fields,
- able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment,
- able to follow and contribute to the developments in their own field recognizing the significance of lifelong learning,
- able to communicate effectively,
- having strong ethical and professional responsibility and adhering to quality,
- able to take individual responsibility and to work as a part of a team.
NEWS |ALL NEWS
Academic-student partnership brought another award
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Pınar Oğuz Ekim, Faculty Member, Izmir University of Economics (IUE) came second in Turkey in the innovation and technology
Made it among the most influential scientists in the world
Three professors from Izmir University of Economics (IUE) were included in the “World's Most Influential Scientists List”, announced by a special research
Academic-student partnership brought success
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Pınar Oğuz Ekim, faculty member at Izmir University of Economics (IUE), has been shown among the top 5 successful
3 friends are on their way to Italy
Three students of Izmir University of Economics (IUE) achieved great success by being accepted to Polytechnic University of Milan, which is known
Project to prevent traffic accidents
Tolga Varol, a graduate of Izmir University of Economics (IUE), developed an artificial intelligence camera called "Travel buddy" that will reduce traffic
Smart robot ranks third in Turkey
The 'autonomous transport and collecting robot' developed by Asst. Prof. Dr. Pınar Oğuz Ekim from Izmir University of Economics (IUE) and her
The ‘smart’ robot that kills viruses
Scientists at Izmir University of Economics (IUE) developed a special sterilization robot that minimizes the risk of virus transmission in closed spaces.